Qualification management as a central component of occupational health and safety6. November 2023
Market research conducted by the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) in 2020 on the mobile management of occupational health and safety (“e-health and safety”) in Germany shows that digitalisation in the field of occupational health and safety has strong growth potential. For example, the research shows that not even 2% of the (202) ICT solutions analysed used qualification and training management, and even fewer used digital operating instructions*. These proportions have certainly changed since 2020 – simply due to the increased requirements with and since the pandemic. However, many companies and institutions have still not tapped into this potential.
In recent years, there have been numerous optimisations of the occupational health and safety product package from Keßler Solutions, e.g. for instructions, the implementation of risk assessments and the creation of print-ready operating instructions via FAMOSweb including new manuals and workbooks, the management of hazardous substances and integration into the sustainability department with a view to the EU’s CSRD Directive. The team is now working on a powerful tool for qualification management with the following focal points:
- Fulfilment of legal requirements and guidelines with regard to staffing/appointment of appropriately trained personnel according to location/conditions and number of employees
- Ensuring/documenting the qualification requirements
- Identification of “qualification gaps”
- Planning and documentation of training courses with participant and instructor management in advance and on site as well as issuing confirmation of participation/certificates
- Timely planning of recurring inspections of driving licences and special permits (e.g. industrial vehicles, forklifts, certificates of good conduct, health pass)
- Preparation of qualification certificates, e.g. in the area of hazardous substances and restricted areas
Practical partners for testing the new functionalities of qualification management
Companies and institutions are being sought as practice partners for the conceptualisation of the complex technical requirements for qualification management and for the test phase of the new functions. If you have experience in the field of qualification management and would like to manage the qualifications in your company using CAFM, we cordially invite you to expand our expertise with your specific practical experience.
Clarification of quantitative & qualitative requirements
- Who is required to provide which statutory health and safety representatives?
- What proof (training, qualifications, certificates) is required for which areas of deployment?
- Which qualifications must be maintained for certain reference values (e.g. number of first aiders per insured person present)?
- Which qualifications require special/official certification or an audit?
- What deadlines/ rotations need to be observed for certain qualifications/certifications?
Transfer from practice to practice
- How do the legal obligations work in practice?
- Which experiences that the tool is supposed to reflect have been established in practice to date, which processes have proven to be useful?
- Which qualification planning options (invitation, self-enrolment, etc.) are preferred in practice?
- What types of qualifications and media should be supported (live or online qualification, integration of learning platforms, performance tests, etc.)?
Practical partner for conception and testing of an average management tool
The CAFM software FAMOS from Keßler Solutions manages a wide range of important information that is essential in the event of an emergency. This includes, for example, locations of fire extinguishers or first aid kits, responsible persons such as first aiders or radiation protection officers, internal or external service providers such as cleaning, property protection, lift technology or insurance as well as CAD plans such as evacuation plans or routing systems.
In the event of an emergency, it is essential that all relevant data is made available at a glance. Ideally, directly with specific instructions for action, for example:
- What should be done in the event of which type of fault? E.g. water damage, fire, gas leak, risk of collapse, leakage of chemicals, failure of important technical building systems such as ventilation systems, etc.
- What information should be made available? For example, contact details for crisis services and specific emergency numbers (e.g. poison emergency call), the 5 W’s for the emergency call (What, Where, How many injured, Which injuries, Waiting for enquiries).
- When and how does an evacuation take place?
- What special features are there in certain areas of the company?
- Which authorities need to be informed?
- How should damage be documented? For example, securing evidence for insurance issues, etc.
We are looking for practice partners with experience in operational emergency management to support the conceptual design and practical testing of our emergency management tool. Help shape the future general average dashboard – as a central overview for all relevant information in the event of an accident!
Are you interested in a partnership? Then simply get in touch with us!
Would you like to find out more about a practice partnership? Are you interested in optimising occupational health and safety processes based on your experience? Are you new to the topic of digital management of AuG? Then contact our Innovation and Product Manager Mr Marcus Mühlberg or your responsible project manager informally by 31.12.2023.
What do we expect from you?
We work in small project teams with various specialists from the fields of IT, project management, systems analysis and occupational, organisational and health psychology and pursue agile approaches in the software development process. Become part of the respective project team by supporting us online or on site with your expertise. We hold short project meetings at regular intervals (4 weeks) and as required to define the individual development steps (sprints) and evaluate prototypes and developed functionalities, to which you are cordially invited. You will have the opportunity to try out the new functionalities in a specially set up test environment and optimise them together with us. A prerequisite is the use of the CAFM software FAMOS for the project period, if you are not already using it.
This is what we offer you:
You receive a powerful tool for your qualification management and can actively help shape its functionality at the same time. If you are not yet working with FAMOS, we also offer a wide range of other facility, property and asset management solutions. As part of the project realisation and strategic cooperation, we offer reduced product prices as an incentive and provide you with the damage management module free of charge for 3 years.
*Source of the “Market research on German-language internet-based applications for the implementation of organisational regulations of occupational health and safety (“E-Arbeitsschutz”)”: To the website with download link